Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 8 Blog- High School


High school is very often over looked and not taken very seriously.  Most kids, including me, wanted or want nothing more than to just graduate and get the heck out of there.  I thought that I would love college way more and that it would be so fun to be on my own but the reality of it was that I never should have taken high school for granted so much.  I’m not saying this is the case for everyone and I’m not totally saying I hate and dislike everything about college, but looking back, I wish I would have used my time more wisely in high school.  Being in college is nice and it’s an achievement.  It is also a privilege and not a right, so take it seriously.  Being able to choose my classes and have fewer classes than high school is defiantly not a bad thing, but there is a catch to it.  Not all my classes are back to back.  Some days I have breaks, which are nice, but most days I just want to get class over and done with for the day.  A positive thing about it is that I don’t have to get up as early as I did in high school, but the classes are longer and harder.  Studying in high school for me pretty much never happened, but in college if you want to be successful and pass, studying is a huge part of college, which isn’t necessarily fun.  The whole college experience for me hasn’t really been what I expected it to be, and I am a bit disappointed.  All in all, I miss high school a lot, and wish I would have used my time there more wisely and had more fun, because you only get one chance at it and you have to make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff-This makes me sad I think? I always think about how much fun I had in high school! I loved high school, there are times that I always wish I could go back and do things differently or even just to go back and just do nothing all day long!! The biggest part that I think i took for granted is my classmates! I honestly miss all of them! I hardly get to see my "best" friends, its actually quite sad.. That's enough about that. But college is the time to grow up and find yourself. Don't take these years for granted either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, I was the opposite. I knew that highschool was the best time of my life and I never wanted to leave even though I hated alot of people. Partiularlly the girls cause they're so dramtic and stupid. Sorry Shelby. I really enjoy being with my friends and sports the most. I really miss everyone though and want it back really bad. I feel that growing up isn't as fun as it was in the past. Growing up now days is pretty stressful and unenjoyable.

    ReplyDelete